Certain infections spread through Air and water causes flu, fever, cold, cough, headache and many more. Eucalyptus oil is a home remedy to for cold, cough, headache and mild muscular pains.
Eucalyptus oil constitutes oxides like eucalyptol (>62%), which is a powerful expectorant, protects against environmental threats, promotes feelings of clear breathing and Supports healthy respiratory function. It reduces fever, reduces headache and reduces cold & wet cough by expectorating phlegm.
Reduces cold and wet cough:
- Add 1-2 drops to steamer
- Add 1-2 drops to a spoon of sesame oil and apply on neck and chest area
- Add 5-10 drops to diffusers
Reduces mild muscular pain:
- Apply 4-5 drops directly on pain area and massage gently.
- Add 3-5 drops to bath water which helps to overcome body tiredness
- Add 3-4 drops to a small tub of hot water, soak your foot for 15 minutes before going to night sleep.
Note: Eucalyptus oil is very strong, excessive application on skin may get irritation.
DIY: Relief blend. Mix below proportion of oils. Apply on temples and pulse points.
Eucalyptus oil- 6 drops
Peppermint oil - 4 drops
French Lavender oil - 2 drops
Jojoba Oil - 25 drop