“Free radicals” and stress hormone “Cortisol” are produced by the adrenal gland when humans experience either physical or emotional stress. Prolonged secretion of these hormones causes premature aging, stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, muscular pain, premature hair fall, dull skin and other health issues.
Inhaling or applying French Lavender essential oil on regular intervals reduces the secretion of “free radicals” and stress hormone “cortisol. This helps in stress reduction, balances emotions & body temperature by stimulating nervous system, hair fall control and reduces mild muscular pain.
Stress & anxiety relief:
- Add 2-4 drops to a piece of cotton and keep near the pillow while sleeping
- Apply 1-2 drops on navel before going to night sleep, leave it overnight and clean wash the naval area next morning.
- Add 1-2 drops to a spoon of coconut oil and apply on bottom of the foot before going to sleep (recommended for kids 3 to 8 years of age)
- Apply 1-2 drops on temples / forehead pulse points 2 times a day.
Invigorating the senses:
- Add 5-10 drops to diffusers and enjoy the soothing aroma
- Add 3-5 drops to bath tub water which helps to overcome physical tiredness
- Add 10-20 drops to 100ml body massage oil and apply for relaxation
Note: French Lavender oil is not recommended for sun burn, heat burn and face application cosmetics because of high camphor content.
DIY: De-stress blend: Mix below proportion of oils. Apply on forehead and pulse points
French Lavender oil- 5 drops
Rosemary oil – 3 drops
Lemon oil – 1 drop
Jojoba Oil – 25 drops
French Lavender Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Lavandula intermedia
Origin: Spain / France
Extraction: 70Kg fresh Lavender flower toppings steam distilled to get 1Kg essential oil
Aromatic profile: Floral, herbal, camphoraceous undertone
French Lavender is herb belongs to mint family and is very popular in European continent from ancient times for its relaxing aroma and folk medicine preparations. French Lavender or Lavandin essential oil is known as “Oil of Balance”.
Extensively used in: Aromatherapy, perfumes, nerve pain killers, bath soaps/shampoos, hair oils, Tea flavouring, incense \ dhoop sticks, traditional folk medicines and third eye chakra meditation