Humans are experience muscular and nervous spasms due to overwork and busy lifestyle can result in many irritating or serious problems including continuous coughing, convulsions, muscle cramps and many more health-related issues. Orange oil helps to reduces muscular and nervous spasms.
Orange oil constitutes Monoterpenes like limonene (>90%) which acts as sedative on muscular and nervous spasms and stimulate exocrine, endocrine systems and secretion of digestive juices. Orange oil is one of the best home remedies for relaxation, reduces anxiety, anger, depression, and certain bodily inflammations by improving cognitive functions. It also reduces travel sickness like nausea, fatigue and skin premature aging.
Orange essential oil is very different from Orange juice in terms of therapeutic properties.
Energizer, reduces mental fatigue and travel sickness:
- Inhale a drop from palm / direct from the bottle while travelling
- Add 2-4 drops to a piece of cotton, keep it near the study/work during study/work time
Reduces spasms & calms the mind:
- Add 8-12 drops to 100 ml of carrier oil for aromatic calming massage.
- Apply 1-2 drops on navel before going to night sleep, leave it overnight and clean wash the naval area next morning.
- Add 1-2 drops to sesame oil and gently massage on inflammation area.
Invigorating the senses:
- Add 5-10 drops to diffusers and enjoy the soothing aroma
- Add 3-5 drops to bath tub water which helps to overcome physical tiredness
Note: Avoid exposing the skin area to direct sun light when Orange applied oil, it may cause sunburn due to its mild phototoxic property.
DIY: Happy Kids blend. Mix below proportion of oils for foot and lower adnominal application.
Orange oil- 5 drops
True Lavender oil - 1 drops
Chamomile oil – 1 drop (optional)
Rosemary oil - 1 drop
Almond Oil – 25 drops
Orange Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis
Origin: Brazil / Madagascar
Extraction: 40Kg fresh Orange peel / rind cold pressed to get 1KG essential oil
Aromatic profile: Fresh, tangy, sweet orange citrus
If happiness could be captured in a fruit it would be Orange. Orange fruit is originated from southeast Asia (India & china) and then spread to all parts of the world and now many verities of orange fruits are available. Uses and benefits of Orange fruit/oil are endless. Sweet orange oil is also known as “Oil of Happiness”
Extensively used in: Aromatherapy, perfumes, Ayurveda, cosmetic preparations, food and beverages flavoring, soaps, shampoos, navel application and Sacral chakra meditation