Neuroinflammation and obstructed contractions of tissues and blood vessels are due to unbalanced secretion of hormones like estrogens, oxytocin etc. This leads to anxiety, poor blood circulation, dull skin and many more health issues. Rose geranium oil in one the miracle essential oils to have as first line of fight for obstructed contractions of tissues.
Rose geranium oil is very complex essential oil, contains oxygenated compounds like Geraniol and many more which are responsible for Anti-neuroinflammatory, anti-oxidant, anxiolytic (reduce anxiety), astringent (contractions of tissues and blood vessels) properties. It simulates nervous system, improves muscle tenacity, blood circulation, cell regeneration, skin texture and reduces anxiety.
Skin & muscle toner and reduces pigmentation:
- Add a drop to face cream/body lotion while applying
- Add 1-2 drops to a spoon of jojoba /Argan oil, massage gently on face and neck, leave it for 40 min and rinse off.
- Add 1-2 drops to steamer and take steam.
Reduces menstrual cramps and mood swings:
- Add 1-2 drops to a spoon of sesame oil, massage gently on lower back and lower abdomen during pre-menstrual and menstrua period.
- Apply 1-2 drops on navel before going to night sleep, leave it overnight and clean wash the naval area next morning.
Invigorating the senses:
- Add 5-10 drops to diffusers and enjoy the soothing aroma
- Add 3-5 drops to bath tub water which helps to overcome anxiety and tiredness
- Add 10-20 drops to 100ml body massage oil for romantic sensual massage experience.
Note: May experience mild eye irritation when applied around eye area.
DIY: Anti-anxiety blend. Mix below proportion of oils. Apply on forehead and pulse points
Rose Geranium oil- 5 drops
True Lavender oil - 3 drops
Orange oil - 2 drops
Jojoba Oil – 25 drops
Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Pelargonium graveolens
Origin: Egypt / India
Extraction: 600Kg shade dried Rose Geranium leaves steam distilled to get 1Kg essential oil
Aromatic Profile: Sweet, green, leafy-rosy aroma with a fruity/minty undertone
Rose Geranium plant known as “Cranesbill” and traditionally used in medicines and its leaves are used in flower garlands due to its rose like aroma. Rose Geranium hydrosol (Pannier water) offered to the guests as a sign of love and respect in most cultures of the world during rituals and ceremonies. Rose Geranium oil is also called “Oil of Grace”.
Extensively used in: Aromatherapy, perfumes, folk medicines, soaps, cosmetic preparations, food and beverages flavoring, Pan masala flavoring, incense \ dhoop sticks, navel application and Heart chakra meditation