Humans are constantly exposed to harmful viruses and bacteria causing infections, illness and suffering. Tea Tree oil can be used as home remedy as first line of fight against many infections.
Tea Tree essential oil constitutes mainly monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes which has effective anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. Tea Tree oil reduces acne, pimples, athlete’s foot, nail infections, skin infections, small superficial wounds, insect bite irritations, lung infections and many more.
Acne & pimple reduction:
- Add 2-3 drops on piece of cotton and gently dub it on acne / pimples / boils.
- Add 1-2 drops to a spoon of Aloe Vera gel / face cream / body lotion at the time of application two times a day.
- Apply 1-2 drops on navel before going to night sleep, leave it overnight and clean wash the naval area next morning.
- Add 1-2 drops to steamer and take steam.
Cleaning wounds, insect bites and skin & nail infections:
- Add 4-6 drops on a cotton and clean the wounds, infections and insect bites at regular intervals
- Apply 1-2 drops directly on wounds, infections and insect bites at regular intervals
Reduces scalp itching & dandruff:
- Add 1-2 drops to a spoon of hair oil while applying.
- Add 1-2 drops to a spoon of shampoo while applying.
Note: Over use of Tea Tree oil on skin application may dry the skin temporarily.
DIY: Breath Easy: Mix below proportion of oils. Apply on forehead, chest area and pulse points
Tea Tree oil- 4 drops
Rosemary oil – 3 drops
Peppermint oil – 2 drops
Jojoba Oil – 25 drops